Todays Top 10 Sunglasses Brands
Sunglasses are one of the most popular fashion accessories available today. Worn by both men and women, sunglasses come in a variety of styles and colors. Almost everyone you know owns at least one pair of sunglasses and most own more than that. In recent years, the major fashion designers have added a line of sunglasses for both men and women. In fact, sunglasses are the one fashion accessory that actually aids in a person’s health — their eye health. If the sunglasses come with lenses with UV filters, they protect from the risk of skin cancer, cataracts, and other eye issues. Here’s a list of the top 10 brands of sunglasses.
1. Ray-Ban The Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses made their debut back in the 1930s as airline flights became more popular, and pilots were the legends of the time. They actually provided sunglasses to military aviators in the early years of aviation. This Italian based company offers polarized lenses that help protect eyes from glare. These glasses gained popularity in the 1980s with the release of such movies as “Top Gun” and “Risky Business.” Offering glasses for both men and women, Ray-Ban glasses run around a $150 to $200 a pair.
2. Oakley, Inc. Founded in California, Oakley specializes in lifestyle and sports equipment. This company started pushing sunglasses to the younger generation in the 1990s as a competitor of Ray-Ban. Their style of sunglasses appears rugged and flexible for use outdoors in any kind of weather. With sunglasses for both women and men, Oakley, Inc. sunglasses range in price from $75 to $300.
3. Maui Jim Maui Jim sunglasses made their debut by hotel pools in Maui, Hawaii in the early 1980s. By 1988, they were just beginning to be seen on the mainland. These sunglasses are designed for both men and women. They feature a Hawaiian, day at the beach feel in their styling. Many of the styles feature polarized lenses of various colors that help protect against the glare of sunlight. These glasses range in price from $100 to $200.
4. Prada Eyewear Prada sunglasses are brought to you from one of the most luxurious fashion houses in Italy. These sunglasses are known for their fresh and quirky styles that come in a variety of colors and shapes on the armbands. They are made for both men and women. By the 1990s, these were a household name in luxury sunglasses. You can expect a pair of these sunglasses to cost between $100 to $600.
5. Persol Begun in 1917, this Italian luxury eyewear company began making eyewear for pilots and racecar drivers. The name, Persol, translates to “per il sol” in Italian that means “for the sun” in English. Most of the sunglasses feature a silver arrow for its trademarked, Supreme Arrow. Most of their sunglasses are made for men and women who participate in outdoor sports and activities. These sunglasses typically cost around $100 to $250 a pair.
6. Tom Ford Tom Ford is a multitalented American known for his fashion design and film director career. He was instrumental in turning Gucci around at one time. These sunglasses feature a wide variety of styles from frames that look like the number eight to thicker style frames in a variety of colors. Since 2006, when he launched his own fashion line in the United States, Tom Ford sunglasses have grown in popularity. You can expect to pay between $150 to $300 a pair.
7. Gucci Gucci is an Italian based company known for its fashion and leather accessories. The company first started making sunglasses in the 1990s and sales were slow to grow. Today, they are one of the best brands in sunglasses. From aviator shades to square lenses, these sunglasses offer many styles and colors for both men and women. In some styles the arms of the sunglasses feature an ornate style or other fun details. When buying a pair, you can pay as little as a $150 and as much as $400 for a pair.
8. Emporio Armani Emporio Armani is a spin off label of Armani, which is a high-end fashion label in Italy. This line makes a name for itself as presenting a more modern and trendy fashion look, including their line of sunglasses. The line has its own logo of a “G” curving into the Armani “A.” This label offers aviator and square sunglasses along with the latest trends in men and women’s sunglasses. Their sunglasses sell from around $75 a pair all the way up to $250 a pair.
9. Versace Started in 1978, this Italian fashion house made its debut in Milan, Italy. Known for its ornate, female centered logo, Versace sunglasses are popular in their wrap around and aviator styles. To protect your eyes, most of the lenses come polarized. Some of the styles for women feature ornate and extravagant details. These glasses cost between $100 and $200 a pair.
10. Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana is another hot Italian fashion house known for its luxurious, upscale styles. With wide rims and the well known interlaced “D” and “G” logo, these sunglasses come in a variety of colors and lenses colors. Many of the pairs offer wrap around or over-sized lenses. Sunglasses made for both men and women average around $200 a pair. Here at Fuse Lenses, we sell replacement lenses for all of these name brands of sunglasses (and more!) in a variety of colors. Almost all of our lenses have a polarized option for minimal glare and increased eye comfort. In addition, every single one of our lenses offers 100% percent UV protection for your eye health and safety. It's as easy as selecting the brand and model to find your replacement lenses.